On my work table...


This summer I have a few quilt projects to finish. Like this one, a quilt I've been working on for a while--Woodland Walk Quilt--for my hubby TJ. I used this Market Square pattern to piece this quilt top. Right now I'm working on the quilting--by hand. The binding is all ready for the last step. I like to pre-make my binding, then wrap it around a large piece of cardboard to keep it tidy until sewing it on. This quilt will be about 40 inches x 60 inches (102cm x 152cm) finished. The fabrics are a mix of stash and batik fat quarters from my favorite shop back home in the US in Lancaster Pennsylvania, The Old Country Store.


Also in the finish line with some machine quilting, is this little light, bright one--Happy Pinwheel Quilt. I used this Windy Days Quilt pattern from the Moda Bakeshop site. I've always wanted to do a pinwheel quilt--so finally did! This one will be about 36-inches square (92 cm-square) when finished soon--nice as a wall hanging. The fabrics for the top are a charm pack Horizon by Kate Spain for Moda, as well as Kona Cotton White yardage.


And one more small quilt that needs finishing is this one--Blue Moon Quilt. For this one, I used the Herb Garden quilt pattern created by the Kansas Troubles Quilters. I LOVED piecing this--first time working with circles/circular shapes!  This little quilt will be 26-inches square (66cm). The top is composed of a charm pack Snowbird by Laundry Basket for Moda. These fabrics are so beautiful, with a vintage feel. The cream border is one of the Somerset range by Fig Tree & Co for Moda, but I'm having trouble finding a link for this particular colorway/print.

While I'm working I'm listening to the BBC Proms--their 8-week annual celebration of classical music! Hopefully that will be enough time for me to get these quilts done before summer's over! 


Comments

  1. that happy pinwheel quilt is absolutely beautiful!!! it's nautical to me.
    fresh and well... simply lovely. i hope you're planning to use it!
    i can see it perfectly in your cottage! xo♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, I am loving all the photos you've posted! The garden with Charlie is a real treat. And, of course, catching up with your quilting projects is always inspiring. You really have an eye for color combinations and patterns. Following this blog now so I don't miss a post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, everyone! Yes, the quilts will be used! And the smaller quilts will be hung up for display here at home. We have a space where I hang my textile pieces. Textile are makes a wonderful, tactile alternative to pictures/paintings, etc. The Happy Pinwheel Quilt will be pretty for summer here at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, these are amazing. I love your color palette. All those blues make me swoon! And I love they are to be used and displayed. I so admire your quilting and sewing skills. I don't have the talent or patience for it, yet I appreciate the results and the time that goes into it.

    And by the way, your blog banner sets my heart awhirl. It really speaks to me of the person you are, filled with love, faith, creativity and of course, a marmelade boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jeanie... and especially about the banner! It was pure joy to put together--a great experiment. It's interesting trying to express one's life, one's self in pictures/image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved all three....brown and teal I find a particularly good match! But those circles!! Dots!!! I'm all over that one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe as I scrolled down, I liked each quilt better. Oh my it would be hard to choose. They are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're just beautiful Tracy. Heirlooms in the making.
    You must find somewhere to exhibit your work, you are very talented and choice of colours is always divine.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are working on the blue moon quilt during a blue moon this month! Very fitting.
    I admire your quilting abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy, your quilts are so beautiful! I especially love the colours of brown and teal, but the blue moon quilt really captures my eye! Love and hugs! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment