Five Facts About Me... (and you always wanted a BIG picture of me, too, right? ;o)
1. My middle/second name is Michelle. (Why do we have these extra names, we don't really use them?! My confirmation name--when I was confirmed in the Catholic church a looong time ago--is Anastasia.)
2. Many years ago I was in a car accident that changed my life & health. I have a long scar across & above my left eye (you can see a bit of it--on the right, as you look at my picture). I'm blessed not to have lost my eye... or my life.
3. While I enjoy most foods, and will try anything, I have an aversion to soggy foods/textures, which make me gag... Oh, and I really, really don't like bananas--it's a smell thing there, mostly.
4. I love the task of ironing. Give me a big stack of clothes, linens, etc. to iron and I'm happy! Ironing--and most domestic chores, I find--lends itself to quiet time for prayer & reflection.
5. I don't buy the "follow your dreams" thing, not anymore. Truthfully, I don't have big dreams for myself. I wish only to be an instrument of God's love and peace, and to be of service to others.
...and a BONUS fact...
6. Minimal/simple living greatly appeals to me, and is something I aspire to. I could do more minimal! Less is more. I desire much less. And stuff is just stuff. I love the idea of Tiny House living--even off grid too--a small dwelling that's eco-built and eco-efficient. These sites inspire me: Becoming Minimalist and Tiny House Blog. Oh, and some wonderful Tiny House candy here: Tiny House Swoon.
I'm participating in Susannah Conway's month-long community photo project August Break...