Log Cabin Quilt... with a twist


Log Cabin Cross... This small quilt is very special to me, and one I'd been wanting to make for a while. This pattern/design is not my own, however. I used this wonderful Small Log Cabin Cross Wallhanging pattern purchased at Craftsy. The other week I gave a peek at a log cabin block in the making


A close-up of the fabrics--some neutral/low volume fat quarters as well as scraps...


I kept the quilting very simple--just echoing the cross's shape, which makes for a beautiful look on the backing. I added a sleeve/pocket for hanging. 

It has been raining a LOT lately... good stitching weather! Photo quality suffers though... *sigh*... These are straight out of the camera, taken on gray days last week...

What do you like to do on a rainy day?! 






P.S. Two more recent finishes:  This simple crocheted shawl, which I gave a sneak peek of here.  And child's size pink knit hat/scarf/mittens set--a gift. For more details, see my Ravelry page--link in the sidebar.

Comments

  1. oh!
    i couldn't get the last pictures to show! i don't know why.
    just a little x in a black square in the corner.
    but it sounds lovely! and your workmanship never fails to amaze me.
    it's going to be like high summer here all week! VERY HOT!
    autumn decided to postpone her visit to us i guess! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Tracy. The colours are wonderfully complementary.
    It boggles my mind how you are able to sew such straight lines and keep them all even. I can't, and it's why I prefer to sew - and stuff - curves, lol.
    The winter set and shawl are lovely.
    Wonderful creations all.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The log cabin design is my all time favorite quilt design. How clever to adjust is just so to make a cross. I would have not thought of that. Lovely, lovely projects dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now why in the world did I never think to turn a log cabin pattern in to a cross? It's LOVELY!!! Really really stunning!!! (and cute little-people gifty things---and shawl, too!!! You have been b-u-s-y!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to catch up with all that is happening and done in your life! And what a beautiful wall hanging for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is a small girl in PA going to be the recipient of that pink hat/mitten set? Beautiful quilt! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the fiber love, everyone!! :o)

    Yes, Willow... the pink knit set is for our young niece back home in PA! I've made this for her 7th birthday coming up in November... 7--already! I the pink variegate yarn... a smart choice for a smary young lady emerging. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Tracy. I love a log cabin but how ingenious to create the cross. I really admire that kind of creativity and its lovely. And the shawl looks very, very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite simply stunning Tracy. You do such beautiful work. All of it. Sending you love and hugs on a foggy morning. Chilly too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment