Simple Gifts... quilting and yarn


Simple Gifts... Energy  & creativity have both been a bit low here lately... But things are on the up-swing and I have been stitching. I'm very thankful for the new rotary cutting mat and new blades for my rotary cutter--treat purchases while we were home in the US back in June! These supplies help my quilting and sewing go more smoothly, and accurately. My old cutting mat lasted 10+ years... hoping this new one while last a long time too! I'm working on a new small quilt, and revisiting a favorite quilting block--the log cabin.









P.S. Also in the works...


From scraps--a cloth thread catcher basket for my sewing room work table. I used this very good tutorial


And in the evenings I've been picking this up--English Tea Time Shawl--just a simple granny crochet stitch shawl. The lovely cream alpaca-blend yarn reminds me of clotted cream teas savored on trips in the UK... *sigh*...

Comments

  1. Beautiful block! And yes, I should change my rotary blade more often, but then I think: oh, it can last just a little longer. However, it makes life so much easier, when changed.
    Love your other two projects too! Happy weekend (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, I love the basket such pretty colours! Actually I love all of your work, the shawl and the quilt. Yay for the the new cutting board and cutter! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Busy busy here it was and we are bit under the weather by the end of the first week of school, oh dear! So lots of lemons and rest in plan this weekend :-) big hugs❤️ Jitka

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lots of fun projects in the works! I love the thread catcher -- so pretty! And the quilt and shawl will be, too. I need to get ack into hand work again. It's been awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love log cabins!! I'm waving to you across the North Sea. We're actually in Glasgow another night then heading to the highlands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful soft, gentle tones here. The alpaca blend is so, so nice.
    I really could do with a thread catcher basket like yours. Although, even with a good tutorial, there's no way mine would end up as perfect as yours :)
    Have a lovely weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness ... I am drooling at the sight of your projects The basket will be a sweet sight on your sewing room table. And the shawl is a welcome light color for the crisp mornings to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the log cabin pattern. Did you know you can do something similar with knitting? :)
    There is nothing like a simple and familiar project to do when your energy and creativity need a boost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your projects and projects in the works. Your sense of colour is immaculate. You do such beautiful work. Sending you lots of love and huggles today and always ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the most soothing colors, Tracy. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sweet little fabric basket! 10 Years for a cutting mat... wow! You don’t want to know how many cutting mats and rotary cutter blades I’ve been using up in the 8 years I’ve been quilting... LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment