A song of praise from the heart


After a long hiatus, I'm painting on canvas again... 

Creativity is windows opening to inner secrets, the inner life. The soul. The Divine. Creativity is the making of what is found inside, and how we relate to that, and how we might share that experience with others. 

I love this line by Thomas Merton:"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."


Here's a mixed media canvas slowly being built up. Lots of layers of texture. I've been applying different color glazes, working to to achieve something like rust. I wanted this rusty, grungy base for what's next. Still in progress... 

Of all the creative mediums I dip into, it is while painting I feel God very close. While I am painting, I find Him. And as I find Him, I lose myself in Him while I paint. I desire for each little work to be a song of praise... My soul rejoices in my heart! (Magnificat









P.S. I will be online less this week, so I may be scarce visiting the next couple/few days...  But I have creative posts lined up for Wednesday in addition, as well as Friday, as usual--so do stop by if you can! :o)

Comments

  1. I have several friends who say the same thing--they lose themselves to God in their painting. I don't paint--but I always find Him in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment