Hearts


From my scrap basket emerged this little mini quilt (approx. 9 x 12 inches / 22 x 30cm) Lots of pretty stitches using my sewing machine. Then I used my alphabet rubber stamps and ink for the happy lettering, happy wishes---blessings, family, friends, faith, hope, joy, peace, love...


With similar scraps still leftover in the basket, I made a trio of shabby hearts using this DIY Scrappy Hearts Tutorial. (I originally came across this link from a post my dear friend Marie shared a few weeks back. Thanks Marie! :)  Tiny scraps from precious fabrics, trims, vintage shell buttons, hand stitching + machine stitching, stamping... and I added ribbons to make them into ornaments. VERY FUN! Love, Hope, Believe...  

The heart is so full after the terrible news at the weekend... LOTS of LOVE going out to the city & peoples of Paris, France...


Comments

  1. I love your sweet hearts, Tracy, probably as much or more than any post of your beautiful work I've ever seen. They are simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to be sure to share this project with my friend who just returned to town after nearly 4 months of RV-ing! En route, an aunt gave her a little singer featherweight machine, so we have plans of sewing together soon!!! (I'm totally green with envy---have wanted a featherweight forever!!!! ME? WHo doesn't sew? Go figure!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a poignant and timely project tracy.
    and they're beautiful. just like your own heart. xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love. Hope. Believe.
    Perfect for this time.

    You are the only person I know who can take scraps and turn them into HEART-felt beauty.
    Nicely done, Tracy :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty hearts, Tracy! I love the scraps you used for them? So many techniques and materials to create them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, my heart is heavy and hurting this week and it helps so much to see hearts and happy encouraging words and cheery fabric. Thank you for encouraging me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I love these beautiful pieces. What a clever idea to rubber stamp with words. I must remember this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy, your hearts are just gorgeous, just like your real heart! Love you to bits. I need to make some of them for me! Love and hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment