Waiting for His Coming... Advent Week 1


Heavenly Father, I thank you for Your love.
Come, Lord Jesus, come...


Advent is a special season in the Catholic Church. It is, primarily, a time of preparation--the preparing of hearts, minds and bodies to receive the coming of Christ. His first coming is remembered, His second coming anticipated... It also marks the beginning of a new liturgical year. A time  of preparation, formation, prayer, and celebration.

The Advent wreath is a devotion --used liturgically, as well as in the home-- for symbolizing the passage of the weeks during this season of waiting.  


If you'd like to read more about Advent in the Catholic tradition, I can recommend this article.

Waiting for HIM... Each week I will light a candle here while I share my own prayers, quotes/poems, and more. I hope you will join me...










P.S. For more Advent festivity I made an Advent cloth/hanging. Here's a close up of the candle motif I made using fabric scraps applied to a wool felt base using free motion machine stitching...


Comments

  1. both ... lovely in simplicity tracy.
    just as it should be!
    XO♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tracy peaceful Advent to you TJ and Charlie. We did lit the first candle yesterday too. I am still back home with little S. Will try to write soon my fried. Big hugs Jitka ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight to find you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your advent hanging is quite wonderful. Though we don't actually celebrate advent as much as the Catholic church, we do still do readings and candles and mention of advent in my Quaker church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your advent hanging....and the simplicity of your advent candles. Lovely ideas....hoping the beginning of the advent season finds you and your loved ones healthy and happy!!! Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the candle motif! So beautiful with all the fabric prints, sewing and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely thoughts and beautiful stitchery Tracy! I used to do an AdventWreath when the children were growing up and we lit a candle each Sunday during Advent. Now there is only Todd and myself, we don't do it, but perhaps we should. May your Advent be filled with blessings! Love you and all that you share! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm catching up....
    The candles motifs are so lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment