Waiting for His Coming... Advent Week 3


 REJOICE... I rejoice in this light, His light... His promise...

Today is Gaudete Sunday, the third Sunday of Advent. Gaudete is Latin for "Rejoice". This day, midway through Advent, a sense of JOY is heightened as soon the happiness of Christmas Day is nearly here--The Lord's coming.

Gaudete Sunday is often marked by rose-colored candles and decorations at Church, priestly vestments etc. I couldn't find the right rose-pink candle to work with my Advent wreath here this year, so continuing the purple theme... but with extra JOY


"Gaudete in Dominio semper... gaudete"
Rejoice in the Lord always... rejoice... 



Comments

  1. This is beautiful, Tracy. I didn't know about Gaudete or the rose color. Purple is very close to rose, don't you think? This is truly beautiful and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, my friend. Rejoicing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you bring in small details that I didn't know before. Wishing you a happy Christmas with your family and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment