Wating for Snow...


Waiting for snow... Did I just say that?! Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not really a winter girl. Actually, each cold season finds me slightly off guard, not ready inwardly or outwardly, and in need of making friends with the cold and snow all over again. Ah, but this year... I'm trying to greet winter with a new preparedness and welcoming spirit! Try being the BIG word. I needed some new boots for winters here in the far north. Dry, cozy feet ready for winter walkies... check. We actually had a tiny bit of snow-rain this past Friday. But it all washed away. So waiting for real snow.


For more warmth and a dash of happy color, I crocheted for myself this hat and cowl set... kind of cute, if I do say so.  ;)


And we have his & hers drink bottles. These stainless steel things are great for taking along on a walk, and keep cold drinks cool up to 8 hours, and hot drinks warm up to 4 hours. (You can maybe guess which one is mine. ;) And don't you like my snow drifts?! This is a blanket our Charlie loved to snooze on...)


Hot chocolate, marshmallows, candles and fireplace ready for hunkering down when the snow comes. So, we're waiting and ready for winter...

While we wait... I will make Mondays my post day, while I get back in the saddle here. And THANK YOU, thank you, thank you for all the welcome back comments, emails and all around good cheer--WOW! You all give so much... I am blessed by your kindness!


Comments

  1. Lovely new boots Tracy! Your home looks so cozy (we call that ‘gezellig’! We had some snow and ice rain this weekend, so I was able to wear my snow boots for one day!!! Today the world here is covered in fog. A perfect day to stay at home and enjoy some hand stitching! Looking forward to your next Monday post! Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call it "hyggelig" here in Norway... Hygge, the Scandinavian concept of creating the ultimate in coziness, which seems to be taking over the world. I read somewhere that HYGGE was the new word for 2016!

      Delete
  2. you will find the coziness in it with your new warm boots and beautiful scarf and cap you've knitted!
    I have a yeti cup and it's incredible how great they are for keeping something cold or hot!
    and lastly... oh tracy. so wonderful to see a real glimpse of your beautiful serene home. you know I would love it!!!
    XOXO♥
    and there's a tiny ghost curled up there whose spirit of love will be forevermore with you darling girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Charlie's sweet ghost very much follows us here at home... he is this place! We miss is real physical presence, but we're glad to have him close to us in any way... even just in spirit. :)

      Delete
  3. You and TJ are definitely ready for the snow to come. And I think you and the winter in Norway are very slowly starting to become friends. Probably never the best, but there is an opening ;)
    Wishing you a lovely snow walk with your boots, drink bottles and TJ, once the snow comes. Who knows a snowy post next Monday.
    Stay cozy and warm ^<>^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday! You are waiting for snow? Oh, I know about embracing but really? Still, the bottles are incredibly cute and the house is looking cozy! Happy settling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so,so cosy, all of it, but that fireplace is something else! its gorgeous, I can just imagine how nice that is in winter. your house looks very hyggelit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracy, your fireplace looks perfect for some hygge! Glad that you are finding some ways to stay cosy this winter and I love that water bottle. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love the look of your home. Yes, the hat and cowl are really cute. Nice water bottles too. Happy walking in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy, your home is so cosy. Love the fireplace. It is so Scandanavian looking nd very hygge! Loving your boots and the two water bottles. Love that the most because well, there are TWO of them. And I love that most of all. Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. your home IS so beautiful Tracy!!! I love it! Wonderful things for winter, boots, water bottles and warmth! God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fireplace and your snow boots! Sure wish I had a fireplace on those icy days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment