Winter Project: Ocean Ripple Crochet Blanket



A BIG project is on my crochet hook, and one that will take a while... A RIPPLE BLANKET! (Lookie those delicious colors... and how those lovely, fat skeins of yarn look so sweet sat up on the chair cushion, like puppies, or something... haha! ;)


This project was actually begun many weeks back. Progress slowed before Thanksgiving/Christmas. But I'm happy to be picking this up again! I'd been wanting to revisit the ripple for a long time. Ever since a ripple blanket in rainbowy colors was one of my first projects soon after leaning how (finally!) to crochet.


Ocean Ripple, I call it... Sea, sky, beach and land are inspiration colors...


JUMBO skeins of yarn, bought in America! For details you can visit my Ravelry Project Page... 


It's at a wonderful stage now where it's really starting to look and feel like a blanket... VERY cozy work for our Nordic winter afternoons and evenings. (But no, I didn't knit/create the cute foxy-face slipper-socks I'm wearing. They were bought while we were in the US.) Very hygge... ;) 

Jeg √łnsker dere en veldig hyggelig uke!  Translation from Norwegian to English: I wish you all a week full of hygge! 










P.S. Oooo.. and on another hook of mine, is a new shawl just beginning to take shape...

Comments

  1. Lovely water colours Tracy - with the added benefit of being able to keep warm at the same time as working on this project. I saw the purple shades in the last photo of your new shawl - looks like you could be heading to a masked ball :-)
    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love everything about this post!!! especially the colors.
    and yes! happy hygge life to you too girl of the north! XO♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your crochet blanket. I once made one many years ago for my mother. It brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those slippers are so cute!!! and the blanket is going to be very beautiful! what perfect colours!!! and that shawl too, how nice!!! love the purple blue combo!!! I am hoping to do more knitting soon myself!!! Someday I will learn to crochet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are delicious colors and waves going into your new blanket project.
    And it's already looking cozy!

    Thanks for your comment on my march poster. I'll have photos of my local women's march up soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple shawl and afghan! I need to get cracking on a baby blanket for baby KevMo -- coming mid-February! I'm not that fast a knitter so thank goodness for chunky yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy, I just love the colours you have chosen for the blanket and for your shawl. I am looking for a project I can carry with me to and from the hospital while Todd is having his treatments. Love those cute slippers of yours. So YOU. Sweet. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment