This Week... preparing for lent and creativity


This Week... Lent begins next week--next Wednesday! So this week I took time to begin preparations for Lent. I sat down one morning with my Saints Calendar & Daily Planner and menu calendar. Making notes for Lenten menus & lists for Lenten food shopping and other things. Ideas for Lent activities. And drafting my big spring clean plan that I'll be doing during the weeks of Lent.

In the Roman Catholic Church-- a great Feast Day this week, on Wednesday--Feast of the Chair of St. Peter.


At Home-- SUNSHINE... so much lovely sunshine this week, and warmer! The light has been playing in amazing ways throughout the house too!


Out & About-- I was at a shop that sells art supplies, among other things. Just seeing all the colorful tubes, bottles, cans, sticks, pencils and more excited my creative heart!


On the Menu-- On the Sunday tea tray there was Raspberry Almond Buttermilk Scones. Like a taste of summer in winter! The. BEST. scones I've ever made. I used frozen berries though, which is easier than using fresh. And a secret to making light and flaky scones--FROZEN butter. Freeze the butter, and grate it, then crumble it quickly into dry ingredients. I have put aside some of the raspberry scones for Shrove Tuesday next week! Otherwise, on the table this week, it has been freezer finds--working on eating up the freezer, making room for Lent basics and Easter goodies!


Reading-- a little springtime dreaming in the form of seed catalogues for flowers & vegetables... a favorite is Chiltern Seeds from the UK.

Listening--
almost daily I listen online to Sacred Heart Radio... I'm VERY thankful for technology that makes it possible for me to tune in to Catholic radio from back home in America!

Watching--
The Rolling Stones--Ole Ole Ole: A Trip Across Latin America, a documentary film of the Stones' 2016 tour, last stop being their historic concert in Havana, Cuba.


Creating-- I came home from that shop, mentioned above, with sets of two different sized pre-stretched canvas. I'm adding creativity to my Lent focus this year. 6 canvases--one each for the weeks of Lent. I'm gathering my painting supplies... and some ideas are brewing...


Inspiration-- A wonderful outline of how to prepare for and celebrate the season of Lent. This week I began preparing our home for the weeks ahead. This weekend--time with a prayer book to begin preparing my heart...


LUNA-- Our sweet girl... She looks a bit from that children's story, The Princess and the Pea, snuggled up with all the folded blankets and quilts on the bed.

How was your week? Wishing you all a LOVE-ly weekend ahead! :)))


Comments

  1. What a lovely happy post! And so glad to hear you had lots of sun. Here there was a lot of rain and storm. But today is calmer (:
    Beautiful preparations for the Lent! And Luna reminds me of Laura with The Princess and the Pea. Laura. She is our little Princess and definitely concerning the pea.
    Have a lovely weekend with hopefully much more sunshine and light playing in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a beautiful picture of Luna. She is getting the princess treatment, I think, and that's a very good thing! (Those little black/white/cali girls are very good at the Princess thing!)

    I'm glad you are painting again, Tracy! And what a beautiful thing to add to your Lenten plans. I know this is a very significant time for you and it looks like you are ready to face it head on with devotion and love.

    And thanks for the frozen butter grating tip. I never thought of that and brilliant! The scones look fabulous -- good enough, in fact, that you may inspire me to make a few! Using the frozen raspberries makes some sense (vs. waiting for them to thaw and get too goopy).

    I'm answering your note from yesterday. And we're still waiting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jeanie! I'm keeping the prayers coming for lil' KevMo's arrival!! :))) Oh, yes, our cali fur-girls are sooo good at the princess gig... LOL... Our Luna is very much the princess here! ;) Do try the frozen butter trick... it works great for things like buttermilk bisuits too!

      Delete
  3. What a busy week! It looks like you have all kinds of creativity in mind for the coming weeks, as well as your spring clean. Happy days as we approach spring. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have to remember that frozen butter trick... how very fun and festive!!! I am LOVING sunshine so much... it's low allergy season (Husband has terrible ones) but unusually warm so we have the windows open and I just LOVE it!!! Have a blessed beginning of Lent!! Ours begins Monday and it's hard to believe!!! Lots of butter, crepes and tea this week for me! Love and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those scones look totally yummy. Thank you for the tips! I need to try these out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. omygoodnes! this post is like a fresh breath of spring air!
    your vitality for it all makes me feel so happy!
    can't wait to see what you create! xoxo♥
    and with each new picture of her we see how luna is feeling the love! now she's so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, everyone, for the happy comments... I'm glad you're enjoying these Friday posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A visit to the art store is always fun. Then home for a snuggle with Luna would be so special. Those scones do look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You Temptress you, I have printed out the scone recipe. It looks too good to resist! Love all the photos, and the chatching up with your goings on. I repeat, it is so wonderful to see you so happy once more. Love you my dear friend, very much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment