This Week... lots of love



This Week... There were Valentine roses... and lots of LOVE-ly this & that!

In the Roman Catholic Church-- A LOT of Saints celebrated this week! St. Catherine de Ricci who experienced miraculous visions and corporeal encounters with Jesus, St. Valentine, of course... Sts. Cyril & Methodius, St. Claude de la Colombiere, among others. And today the Seven Holy Founders of the Order of Servites.




At Home-- I ordered two VERY sweet paper heart garlands from LaMiaCasa on Etsy...and they arrived just in time to hang up for Valentines's Day! And there were love-ly cards and chocolates shared here this week...


Out & About-- while on a walk along our high street/main street, I spied these interesting posters for a photo exhibit on Valentine's Day. No, we didn't go. I wasn't sure about the image of what looked like caramel being poured over a head... :/ 


On the Menu-- must admit I've been in the kitchen less the last few days, as we've had take-away treats this Valentine's week, including sushi and pizza!

Reading-- Still digging into my February reading...

Listening-- I very much enjoy the articles and podcasts found at On Being, which explores the BIG questions of being human. 

Watching-- The funny Hairy Bikers cooking their Comfort Food!


Creating-- On the needles... YES, I'm knitting! After a looong time away from sticks and string, it feels good the I've not forgotten how to knit! For my Good Morning Cowl I've cast on with beautiful sock yarn in this variegated aqua blue color way, and knitting an easy lacework pattern. Details on my Ravelry Projects Page. I needed a break from the rather complicated Joyful Shawl project... *sigh* ...


Inspiration-- These days I feel like I'm recovering something of my creative heart. Last year my heart was heavily engaged in emotional and personal matters, so much so that creativity was often put aside. So in a lot of ways this year feels like a recovery year. I found this podpcast by Jamie Ridler Studios VERY uplifting! I like listening to podcasts, and I have several favorites I tune into regularly... while I'm working on a fiber project... or having morning tea, etc.


LUNA-- a blanket folded up on a window sill makes a perfect window seat/nap spot for our fur-angel... The "bald" spot on her side from her spaying/sterilisation procedure is slowly growing back.

How was your week? Wishing you all a LOVE-ly weekend ahead!  :)))


Comments

  1. Tracy, I love every word and every photo in this post. Oh, the pink roses. They are my favorites and I need to try to make that heart garland. Luna is beautiful! (She even has the cali markings Lizzie does!) and I'm happy you are knitting again. I have some yarn and hope to be doing the same. All sounds so very good. (Sushi and pizza? Yes, please!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying the Friday posts, Jeanie! It's been fun to put together a week-end roung up. The paper hearts garland would be so easy to make. I don't have much of a paper stash at the moment, so opted to buy. Oh, and. Heat die-cut punch would be helpful too... I didn't relish the idea os hand-cutting lots of hearts.. LOL! Do hope you'll share a knitting project when you've got something going. :) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad you're back! and doing the simple and beautiful things you've always done.
    and the precious luna. i think she must be feeling totally at home now! XOXO♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous bouquet! And the garland is a beautiful treat to see hanging, I bet. Little Luna looks like she's having some sweet dreams:) How I miss Japanese food! I enjoyed hearing about your week and projects. I can understand how the creativity slowly returns after a big change in life. That happened to me several years ago. Glad to know you're seeing sparks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Juana! All goes so well with Luna here with us now. It's like she's already been part of our little family. She is a sweetheart, very affectionate, and loves to play with her mousie toys when she's not minding her post at the window. :)

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you have had some good days recently. So happy for you. Love the paper heart garland and ohhh, sushi is a favorite of mine. Your knitting looks wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your this week posts. What a great way to catch up with your goings on. The Sushi looks yum, and those heart garlands, so pretty. Luna adorable and that new knitting project, wow! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment