Springtime Mail Exchange


Mail... do you miss mail? Real, honest to goodness, snail mail? Do you miss opening your mailbox/postbox and finding something fun in it...not just bill-payment requests or junk mail? As many of us do more banking online, as well as so much else via the internet, sometimes we don't even receive that many bills in the mail. We can go a while without so much as an envelope in our postbox, TJ & I. And along with so much done online, I know I'm guilty of sending birthday and other greetings more often via online card services. But I'd like to help change that... 

How would you like to be part of a little mail project this spring to cheer up our lonely mailboxes/postboxes??!! Would you like to put a smile on the face of someone else and send some fun mail to someone new--maybe find a new friend?!

My LOVELY long-time friend Marie over at And Then We All Had Tea are collaborating on hosting this Springtime Mail Exchange to bring some happy mail cheer as far and wide as we can! :)))

How the Springtime Mail Exchange works is quite simple. Everyone participating--each person on the participation list--is kindly requested to contact at least ONE person on the list to exchange mail with. Reaching out to many is, of course, optional, but at least one person. That way there's a chance of everyone being contacted and receiving something in the mail. Do think about reaching out to someone on the list you don't know. Let's mingle! 

A card or letter is suggested for sending in the mail exchange. Postage being what it is these days--rather high--sending a little gift is optional. So we recommend letters or cards at least. Cards with a handwritten message--or a even handwritten letter--that alone is fun!

Now, this mail exchange is not limited to us folks in the Northern Hemisphere only. It might be called Springtime Mail Exchange, but if you are living in the Southern Hemisphere you are VERY welcome to join us--please do!!

If you would like to be on the sending and receiving end of this fun mail project, please leave a comment here. A blog link or other will help participants meet each other from the participants list. Marie and I will compile the list of all participants and their links, and we'll publish the exchange list as soon as it is ready. It might seem soon, but we're aiming for folks to have sent/received cards or letters by Easter! But a send-by date will be announced shortly...

In a time like this, when so much negative seems to be happening around the world, in the news, etc... it can be hard to know what to do, or how to help. Let's do even a little of what we can to spread and share a little happiness, love and peace. What do you say??!! Would you like to join our Springtime Mail Exchange today?! I can't wait to send you a card! :)))



Comments

  1. What a wonderful idea! I would certainly want to join but will 'only' be sending a card (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're joining us for the fun, Simone! I'm doing cards "only" too... and looking forward to sending! :)

      Delete
  2. I think this is a terrific idea, Tracy, and of course I'm joining. And while you're at it, make sure I have your Norway address -- I'm not finding it (I switched address books during your time off and I know I didn't pitch the old one but then there's that matter of too much clutter...!) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray... very glad you're joining us too, Jeanie! :). Will email you my address...

      Delete
  3. Hi Tracy, have posted the information today. Sorry I did not get to it yesterday! I have a horrible cold! I hope we get a nice long list of participants. It is just the loveliest ideas! Love you! Thanks for all that you do. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Marie... I'm just sorry you're feeling under the weather, and hope on the mend very soon! Yes, let's hope many will want to join us ik this! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Tracy. Yes, please sign me up. I'd love to send and receive mail from somewhere yet unknown to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Sandy! Glad you'll be joining us for some fun mail sharing!! :) I'll stop by your place and "meet" you there!

      Delete
  5. I will come back later to read your more recent post, but go ahead and add me to the mail exchange. Looking forward to the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will their be a list soon. I found the perfect spring card to send.

      Delete
  6. What a fun spring activity! I don't know why I haven't been getting your updates, my friend, and have heaps to catch up on, apparently. It's been busy here with much to attend to and work has that added layer of stress with the transition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment