This Week... paint, flowers & fiber


This Week... Remember the canvas I shared last week? Here it is with more layers.  The white "distressing" was fun to play with. This is finished... I think?!

In the Roman Catholic Church-- Celebrating the Feast Days of Saint John of Damascus, Father of the Church, Saint John of Capistrano, and Saint Benjamin the Deacon & Martyr. And Easter JOY is just two weekends away!


At Home-- We turned the clocks forward here the previous weekend, and getting used to the different time. While we're enjoying the longer days, and extra-long light, we're still lighting candles in the evening.



Out & About-- Early in the week I had the great pleasure of being invited to attend the monthly meeting of a local arts & crafts guild, and where a lovely lady, Gro Flåten, who has a floral business (Gro's Bakgård...Gro's Backyard) here in our town, came and demonstrated decorations to make using spring flowers and nature-walk finds... HUGELY inspiring and VERY FUN!


On the Menu-- I composed another delicious winter-style salad. This one with Bartlet pears, slivers of pickled red beets, Brie cheese & walnuts on a bed of mixed greens with a sweet chili dressing. Meals this week have been lighter, "cleaner"....Crispy Tofu with Broccoli in Ginger Sauce, Black Bean Burrito Nourish Bowls, Fish Cakes with Pickled Red Onion & Lite Cole Slaw, Vegetable Pizza...

Reading-- Finishing books for March, as well as other Lenten reading.

Listening-- Times when I've not able to get to church to participate in Stations of the Cross/The Way of the Cross during Lent, I've been praying at home and listening to this beautiful audio of The Stations of the Cross, according to St. Francis, which also includes text to follow along with while listening, and artwork images.

Watching-- The BBC's well made newer dramatization of the life of the Bronte sisters, To Walk Invisible.


Creating-- The yarn/fiber projects grow... and are outgrowing the baskets they live in when I'm not working on them! The Ocean Ripple blanket has more waves added to it. And the new Joyful Shawl is much longer... haha-- this also has a ripple-y pattern!

Inspiration-- Allrecipes.com ...I'm hunting some easy recipe/menu ideas for Easter brunch. Do you know what you're serving for Easter yet?



Luna-- Our sweet girl... *sigh* ... (Not tired of Luna pics yet, are you?!)

** This weekend, from today really, I will be online/available less as I attend a 3-day "in-house" Lenten retreat at church, which I am very much looking forward to! So I may be slow to reply to email, comments, visit, etc. I will be back here Monday morning, and to share the list for the Springtime Mail Exchange participants. If you'd like to sign up, please do during the weekend now--you still can!**

How was your week? Wishing you all a LOVE-ly weekend now! :)))


Comments

  1. How nice!!! Yay!!! love those candles! what a nice and pretty meal! I hope you have a refreshing peaceful weekend! Thanks for your comment today on my blog! I am always more tired after the time change! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray, Elizabeth! Great to see ypu were able to stop by... and leave a comment! Hope you'll have no more troubles with that! :)

      Delete
  2. You nailed it! The banner looks terrific and I love how you integrated your stunning painting into the banner. It's just perfect. I love all the texture and combo of colors on the painting. I was just writing on another comment that I am not comfortable DOING abstract but when I see one that is well executed like this (and hers) I am in awe. Mine look muddy, unfocused. This has "direction" and thought and it is beautiful.

    I loved "The Walk Invisible" -- learned a lot too! And I loved the look of the salad. The flower arrangement thing looks loads of fun. I love doing stuff like that but I never know without some instruction. That's so springy. We'll probably do ham, scalloped potatoes, deviled eggs and asparagus for Easter dinner. It's the only time we ever seem to do those! It's the dessert that changes up every year! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie! A LOT of creativity in the mis here these day! I'll send you and email after the weekend with some tips and idea for working abstract. :). I love flower, but am not very good and arranging them or using them as decorations, so the flower-demon was hugely enlightening. Thanks for you Easter menu suggestions. :)

      Delete
  3. There is so much to love in this post, Tracy! Julene recommended the movie about the Bronte sisters. I *heart* both of those afghans--those colors! And then there is that photo of Luna--so sweet. (A little prayer here--our grandkitty Hobbes left the world this week--my daughter is very sad) One more: that painting--love the colors which would match my home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very sorry for the loss og Hobbes, Willow... It is so heartbreaking to lose our beloved pets. My heart and prayers go out to you all... ((HUGS))

      Delete
  4. i love that you end the post with little luna basking in the sunshine!
    and your menu ideas are heavenly. that salad pictured looks like one served in a 5 star restaurant.
    i'm so glad you're out and about enjoying so many different things!
    and the painting... beautiful! it looks like worlds to me.
    have you ever thought about naming your paintings? i think you should! it would be fun.
    though the beauty of abstract art is that it means something to each individual viewing it!
    XO♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much, dear Tammy! :))) Like you, I find abstract act a very personal art... we all have our own responses to it, our own experinces flowing from it. Normally I do name everything I make, be it a painting, or a crochet scarf, and usually come up with a name early in each project. I like naming things! This particular canvas though, I've not decided on a name yet... What do you think?! (or anyone else reading too!)

      Delete
  5. when I first saw it I thought of space and planets and an orderly universe.
    after coming back and studying it more...
    the beautiful colors and an ethereal quality I suddenly felt it was beneath the sea!
    perhaps... 'another world' would be a good name.
    because both outer space and the depths of the seas are certainly other worlds!
    I love your work. and you will find the right name in time! xo♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped back, Tammy! I suppose this painting reflects my inner world at the moment, very much dwelling in a happy space/time. Maybe the name is Happy Time?! ...haha!

      Delete
  6. yup! the best name by far! and i'm so happy about it. LOL!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your canvas abstract painting. Reminds me of being in an airplane, above the clouds, and watching the landscapes go by. I never noticed how Luna has white "booties" on:). There is no possibility of ever having enough Luna photos!

    The salad is a wonderful idea. I'll have to try that combination. I'd like to start eating lighter again.

    Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tire of Luna. Love the ripple yarn work. Also, so the painting! And that salad looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, that salad has me thinking up a grocery list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment