This Week.... passiontide

This Week... Now is the time traditionally known as Passtiontide--the last two weeks of Lent. The great revelations of Christ's divinity, His movement toward Jerusalem, where He arrives on Palm Sunday, and His ultimate Passion beginning the night of Holy Thursday. The crucifix and statues at church are veiled in purple... heightening our senses and hearts as we walk these last two weeks with Jesus. The veils will be lifted at the Easter Vigil Mass next week, next Saturday evening.









These last days before Easter, and as we segue next week into Holy Week, it's all so beautiful, I think. Preparing deeper the heart and home to receive Jesus--it is pure JOY! Though I feel I have fallen short on some things I had hoped to pray with, do, experience, etc., during Lent, this week I feel at peace with what has been, and what is. I've been trying to continue spring cleaning around the house, though it all won't be done in time for Easter. And just getting lots of things ready here for celebrating in a few days--just a little over a week! Next week I may be online a little less. TJ also has off the latter half of Holy Week and we're looking forward to some extra time together, some outings, church-going, and more. 

This year I've tried to vary Lenten meals more, and have added a lot of vegetarian recipes to the rotation. A tomato-bouillon soup is one we really enjoy. And this week I paired it with some incredibly delicious sun-dried tomato & cheddar bread--based on this recipe!

A lot of fun during a tea break one day this week--writing out some pretty spring cards for the Springtime Mail Exchange, as well as Easter cards for sending! :)  The participants list for the mail exchange is up now, in case you've missed it earlier this week.

Painting... so many ideas brewing and techniques I'm playing with! In the photo above, I'm waiting for some mediums to dry before moving on to the next layers. Gentle heat from a hair dryer helps things along. My painting style is labor and time intensive. I've been trying to squeeze in more painting in recent days, while the ideas flow, and it's been a challenge, as I will have to stop soon and clean up the mess in the living room for Easter festivities soon! Our living room is half creative "studio" most of the time, with table/space to work on projects, as well as storage for creative supplies. TJ does beautiful, elegant fine art painting on an easel. Me... I'm messy mixed media, splashing around on the trash bag-lined floor! ;)  haha...

For a fiber "fix" this week in between all sorts, I've been working on a crescent-shaped shawl/scarf, making up my own pattern as I go along and taking notes. Raspberry Moon Shawlette is now on my Ravelry Projects Page. LOVE this yarn that looks like crushed berries... Makes me think of summer desserts... mmm... SUMMER... *sigh*...

Some VERY beautiful light in the mornings this week! Our Luna sits on her throne in the living room and catches it all. :) 

This week I'm trying a different format for Friday posting, after some difficulties adding photos to text. hhhmmm... 

How was your week? Wishing you all a LOVE-ly weekend now! :)))



Comments

  1. i love TJ's music! but i had no idea he paints too!
    i hope he'll let you share his work on here occasionally. you're both so creative.
    bob and i used to paint together. they were some of my favorite times together.
    and little luna basking in the sun on her perch. how adorable.
    if that beautiful church is yours i like to think of you there. it's lovely.
    especially the vibrant sunlight on the wall to the right.
    the arches and the brick ... welcoming elegant simplicity at its best.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tammy! Yes, TJ paints too! He has for a long time, and has been interested in the fine arts all his life. I'm hoping that he and & I both can be sharing more art together, and maybe sharing it here too. Many years back, TJ & I wrote an art blog, but that became too time consuming to maintain, sadly... but who knows what we'll do in future. Yes, that's my church up there at the top photo! That's where you'll find me on Sunday, and many other days too. :) It has have very simple elegance which I've come to appreciate so much. Churches lavish with artwork, gold, etc. are beautiful... But I like me a more "minimal", simple church interior. It's easier more focused of heart and mind with less to look at. ;)

      Delete
  2. I had no idea Tj painted either . . . Tracy please do share a little of his painting if you can? Your church looks simple but such a nice space with no distractions, just the basics and its so nice too. Thank you for sharing your Lent prep with us, I can imagine your life a little because of it. I'm also like the new style of your blog too.I see Luna is enjoying the spring sun in her warm sunny spot while looking out and seeing the world too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Everydaything! I'm glad the Lent preparations shared have been enjoyable for you, and maybe others too. Though Lent has it's heavier, penitent, sad sides of course, I find this season of the Church year, to really LIVE Lent to be a joyful time. It's pretty easy to share those joy moments! Looks like I'll have to talk to TJ about sharing some art soon... ;)

      Delete
  3. I love these snapshots into your life, Tracy. And certainly have noticed more sunshine :-) Looks like Miss Luna has, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your week sounds like it has been special. Yes, we are heading for Easter. I do love this time of celebration and so happy it comes along in the spring. My cards were mailed today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you decided to join in on the Exchange, Marilyn! :)

      Delete
  5. Your post is once again filled with love and happiness and beautiful preparations! Lately, my weeks have been a kind of mess, disorganized and fragile. But my handcraft and reading keep me taking the right path. Wishing you, TJ and Luna a wonderful and sunshine filled weekend with many bright shades of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much I hope the blessings and beauty od Easter will lift the fragile place you're in at the moment, Simone... ((HUGS))

      Delete
  6. It seems that you are having an interesting creative real life. I love the idea of the plastic bags on the floor to mark your creative space and also protect the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, 2016lillies! So glad you stopped by--thank you--hope you'll visit here again. The plastic bags are mostly for protecting the floor... not so very pretty, but they do the job! ;)

      Delete
  7. Hi Tracy,
    Thanks for sending me your address; you will hear from me soon through the mail exchange.
    I looked through your posts and I can tell you have many talents and I love your faith in our Savior.
    I like name Passiontide for this week of preparation. We have many similar religious beliefs; I am sure. I don't know a lot about Lent; but have been learning a little more. about it.
    I love that both you and your TJ enjoy painting; that is awesome. My husband likes to dabble in art but hasn't for a while. Perhaps, after we have completed our mission.
    I see that you like to crochet. I need to start on a baby blanket for our new little Great Granddaughter.
    Well, I hope we can become good blogging friends. It will be fun to hear from you.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Tracy,
    Love your words about the upcoming Passiontide,so eloquent.
    I appreciate the insight into your creative life. we have similar tastes in colours and styles

    Warm wishes

    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann Marie... so glad you stopped by! :) Do you have a blog?

      Delete
    2. A few have asked if I blog but I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to start or if it would be that interesting!
      Ann Marie

      Delete
    3. You leave such kind comments, Ann Marie... so that I'm sure a blog you'd have would be a very kind place for people to visit and share life with you. If you'd ever like to start blogging, let me know, and I'd be glad to help you. :) And on Blogger, starting a blog is super-easy!

      Delete
  9. What a lovely post! Your crescent shawl is going to be beautiful when it's done. I always love to see your creative projects! Ros and Oscar x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ros, it's great to see you here after all you've been through lately... :) The crescent shawl is pretty exciting--the yarn makes it, I think!

      Delete
  10. I love that both of you paint and honor your own styles and methods.

    Your Lenten preparations sound wonderful. Each is done with strong intent and love and sometimes we have a longer list than we can manage. But to do what you do well is a great gift to yourself and to God. Your meals sound wonderful and I love the image of Luna in a sun puddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet, Jeanie... thanks! And I just love that, "...to do what you do well is a great gift to yourself and to God." I will have to note that down in my journal, and remember that on days I feel I've fallen short! That it's all good when it's done well, done with heart... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment