Weekend Gardening


What JOY is a Saturday morning and afternoon spent in the garden, feeling warm sun on our backs, admiring what's growing so far... Such was the weekend here, when we at last had some better weather and we were able to take care of the lawn and get the raised beds planted with herbs and seeds. 


So far in one of the beds we have basil, dill, flat leaf parsley and rosemary. There's a gap left for thyme, which we hope to get in this week. (In pots we also have chives, lemon balm mint and sage.) 


One of the three raised beds we have made a little bit higher to accommodate some vegetables! We're trying carrots, fennel and beet root. (In a pot we have radishes, as we ran out of room in the raised beds. I LOVE radishes!) In another bed is three different kinds of salads. We have some seeds put aside for later in the season, and to replenish the beds as we eat.


In a big pot I'm trying to train a meuhlenbeckia to climb a little teepee of bamboo stakes...




How lovely the garden looks with the grass newly mown and long shadows of late afternoon sun...


While we were outdoors... An ant had found its way into the house, and Luna was on the job taking care of it! She loves to eat bugs, spiders and all manner of tiny things that crawl... eeewww... :/


As we had a drink and relaxed on the patio after finishing up... some Happy God Clouds sailed overhead to bless our efforts! :)

Wishing you JOY and MANY blessings this week... 




Comments

  1. that's so nice! so glad for you to have such a nice garden!!! :)

    I meant to write last week about your poor fridge problem and replacement! I know that can be a real stress!!! But it sounds like God has provided for you... much love and HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! And yes, God sure came through for us last week when He made sure we were able to get a new fridge the last day we last the old one! We have been blessed that all is well now! :)

      Delete
  2. Your garden looks really pretty -- and sunny, too. And you remind me about planting the dill. I have dill and pumpkin seeds. I'm not sure where I'll put the pumpkins -- they sort of take things over! But I'd like a few. That flower photo at the top is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. The garden is really in good shape this year, and with our new additions we're looking forward to a beautiful as well as tasty summer! :) Yes, you will need some good space for pumpkins, Jeanie--depending on the variety you're planing, some get can get really big!

      Delete
  3. Your garden is beautiful Tracy. I love what you are doing with the raised beds. I see some delicious salads in your future! Dogs and cats love to catch bugs don't they! Love and hugs to you three! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! We're excited about the extra veg and salads this year. Praying for good summer weather, and a good harvest!

      Delete
  4. I always love to see photo’s of gardening ... and of Luna, of course! I hope there will be many more days to enjoy your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo glad you stopped by, dutchcomfort! :) Summer is so short here, so we always hope it will be good and sunny as long as it lasts!

      Delete
  5. I love your raised beds! It's obvious that you love radishes--how many packets of radish seeds did you have? :) I think Luna is a great hunter! Maybe I can borrow her to hunt the ants in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... well, so far we have only two packets og radishes, of two different kind. One being a more round radish, and another some of those lovely long French breakfast radishes. The French breakfast radished you never see in supermarkets here, so I'm excited about growing those! Our Luna is such a good girl, so clever too... I wonder how she'd like a trip all the waaay to California?!

      Delete
  6. what fun to see everything growing and you in the garden. The farmers' markets are in full swing here, so at least I can get my veggies that way. Garden fresh is so much better than what we get in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lawn and garden look so lovely. I like your raised beds are awesome. We really want to try to do this of gardening next year. I love radishes too. We do have a small area that I plant a few items. I also have some pots on our patio for green peppers and tomatos.
    Loved this one; it was inspiring~
    Blessings and hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. You garden and raised beds are lovely indeed. Oh Luna! Joey likes to catch bugs and moths that make their way into the house too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment