Harvest Song Granny Stripe Poncho





Last week I joined the Crafternoon Treats forum group on Ravelry, which has a Finish Along project share thread going on now through mid-July... and that prompted me to get going and finish this poncho project sooner rather than later!

Well, I think the colors worked in the end... and that I managed to save this from ending up like an ugly blanket, and that it maybe looks more like a fun hippie-inspired poncho! haha... The duck egg blue, denim blue, tangerine and violet do work together in a weird way. It's kind of "wild & crazy" for me, but it's refreshing to try something different. Since there was enough going on with all the colors I kept the neckline and edging very simple with single crochet.

I've still not been able to link to my Ravelry projects page, and I'm not sure "what's up with that," as the saying goes... So some extra photos to share the yarn happy and hooky goodness...

TJ took the photo of me. And I was glad to have his help, as it was a VERY windy day, and not easy taking photos. Autumn days ahead were in mind when I began this poncho, with the idea of it being something new to have later on to wear. But we've had some chilly days in between during this spring, so I can be using this now!

And now which project to finish next, then... hhhmmm.. 

Wishing you a LOVE-ly weekend now! :)))



Comments

  1. I LOVE it Tracy! Very lovely and the colours are great too! I like your haircolour as well :-) I am still thinking about the pattern for my newly bought yarn ... haha. In the meantime finishing off some of the old projects ... happy weeekend to you TJ and the sweet Luna ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you much, Montik! I look forward to hearing/seeing more about your next project! :)

      Delete
  2. You finished it! And Tracy, it's just fabulous. I love the colors and the hippie look and you look so darned cute in it! Don't you feel that wonderful sense of accomplishment when something is completed? You should here! Glad you can still wear it this spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie! A project finish--big or small--is always pretty exciting. And sometimes it's nice to have something to wear that is just fun or cute! And it was fun to work with these happy colors... and go out of my color comfort zone a bit. That tangerine/coral color doesn't look good on me usually, but with the other colors mixed with it, I can just about swing it! :)

      Delete
  3. Very nice! Wow! You got that done so quickly. It was fun to see you modeling it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Joining the Finish Along helped kick me into high step to keep the project going, and get it done. I'm not very fast with crochet, or knitting, so the extra encouragement to really helped! :)

      Delete
  4. If like me, I'm sure that you have lots of projects awaiting your attention. This poncho turned out great and will keep you snug on those cooler days. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Great colour combo and perfect for cooler days! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy you modeled your poncho; it is lovely. I really think the colors are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent in making this one. Blessing and hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Poncho is lovely and you look beautiful wearing it. Thanks, or modeling it!
    You are very talented and good at crocheting. I loved to crochet but am not great at it. It doesn't ever look professional; but I enjoy doing it anyway. The colors go so well together and are some of my favorite ones.
    I will look forward to your next project. Blessings and hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you, LeAnn! I'm not sure if my crochet is ever "professional" looking... but I like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! And you look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this photo of you and loving the hippie vibe of the poncho. We've had some cooler, early summer days here too. Congrats on getting it finished sooner than planned.

    And thank you for the great idea to try sketching outside!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment