Nyfossum















Home, Sweet Home... of my dreams... Picking up, once more, from our day trip to Blaafarveværket last weekend... Just up the road from Blaafarveværket is Nyfossum, which was once home of the director of the cobalt mine and works at Blaafarveværket. Unfortunately, info on Nyfossum is not translated on the Blaafarveværket's site, so I'll just share a little here...

Friedrich Roscher, trained in chemistry, was the director of the cobalt mine and works from 1820-40. He designed the house at Nyfossum, and lived there with his family. And the house has been preserved in all its 1840's charm. There is much to see here of period furniture and homewares. There is a garden with roses and old fruit trees, and the property extends around to include a pond and lovely gazebo. Here is a video which gives a short tour of parts of the house and property. The old barn, situated near the house, is also open, and each summer a small art exhibit is held there. This time we saw a very special collection where paper was the primary medium. You can see my post about that here.

Oh, but I LOVE, love, love this house at Nyfossum... It is my dream house! I like the spare beauty, the quiet surroundings, the pretty garden. When I'm there, if feels very much like when I'm at church... all that quiet beauty. I feel close to God. It's one of those rare, special places where one feels  at home, could just move in, and live happily ever after...




Comments

  1. Tracy, I am quite serious when I saw that every photo looks like it belongs on an art calendar or note card or in a book. This home is beautiful and the lighting is amazing. It reminds me of Shaker light. And your photos are so beautifully composed. Stunning indeed. I can see why it's your dream home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie! This place is sooo much one of my heart-places, and it's probably easy to see why! The place is just so special. And the light there and how it moves throughout the rooms is very special too. Yes, like Shaker light! I like your idea of a calendar using the photos... I could have Nyfossum hanging up by my desk all year round!! :)

      Delete
  2. oh tracy. I love this post.
    it looks like your own cottage! I mean the feeling is all there!
    the simplicity and beauty of it are simply lovely and inviting.
    thank you for sharing it! ♥
    and i'm so glad to get to see your beautiful happy face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely! what a gift that place is for you! the pictures are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does definitely have a spare, quiet beauty. I can see why you would love it. Thanks for sharing it with us, it is amazing! I think I could live there too and sip tea from one of those cups on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tracy, I would love this home too. My favorite era really is the 1800's. When I do read novels; it is usually from this era. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos and the video. I would really like to see this in person someday. I think I would be like you, I would enjoy the peace found here.
    Blessings to you! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a peaceful place. I noticed the beauty of the soft furnishings and the simplicity of the rooms. You are lucky you can visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place and so beautifully kept! Just lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy I love this. It reminds me so much of the art of Carl Larsson, which I adore. I am very much in love with traditional Scandinavian design. Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely home with us! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment