This Week... summer light


This Week... Oh, the LIGHT! We've had a taste of summer this week with warmer temperatures and sunshine. After some weeks of rainy days, waking up to this light--BLISS!


In the Roman Catholic Church-- At the top of the week, Sunday was Trinity Sunday, the celebration of the Trinity--the holy mystery of God in three divine beings... WOW! During the week there's been Feast Days for St. Anthony of Padua and St. Basil the Great. Sunday coming up is the wonderful Feast of Corpus Christi, celebrating the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God--the joy of the Eucharist!


At Home-- I've been at home quite a lot, as I've been battling migraine headaches off and on most of the week. So I've been online less, and other things have been shuffled in favor of rest.  So I'm a bit behind in catching up with everyone... 

I did manage a few things though, including the fun of the beginnings of a handmade journal. I chopped up a block of water color paper to make into book pages, using a worn out quilting cutting mat and old rotary cutter for cutting and trimming. This journal will be for a special summer project. More on that coming up... The summer solstice is next week--summer is here! :)))


On the Menu-- Homemade bread...it's so good! I'm still doing lots of experimenting with different bread recipes and techniques. So far our favorite loaves have been made using a no-knead overnight dough (like this one) and baked in an enameled cast iron casserole pot with lid. (Ours is like this one--we have the 24cm/10-inch in cerise-red--and use it for all sorts, not just baking--best pot we have!)



Happy-- There's been such beautiful afternoon/evening light too. And sometimes a brief rain shower gracing us with rainbows. 


In the Garden-- Dreaming of garden additions... Here's a little watercolor sketch I made as we consider a new English cottage garden-style flower bed. Maybe... maybe... ??!!


Creating-- A new project is on the hook. It's to be a garment. And it's a bit of a learning curve right now, so I will share more soon...


LUNA-- I put our favorite summer linen tablecloth on the table in the dining room. Not long after I did that, our little fur-angel tested it out. Does it provide enough "tent" factor for a hide out??  hhhmmm... I guess it worked. She fell asleep under there! haha... Can you see her little pink nose peeking out??!! Oh, this girl... the sweetness is never ending... 

Weekend-- Our power will be off for many hours today as we have an electrician coming who will be doing some big work converting our old fuse box into a more current standard. Tomorrow we will--hopefully, if I'm feeling up to it--have a day out & about. So I will be offline much of the weekend now... but will catch up with you early next week!

How was your week? Wishing you all a LOVE-ly weekend now! :)))


Comments

  1. Oh, my dear, I can see that gorgeous light in your photos. Something special about early summer with a touch of moisture in the air. Hope your electrical work project goes smoothly. Cats are such a delight and you've got a special one indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well here, Anne--and we're back with power and online again! The electrician sorted things out much more quickly than expected. We've been dragging our feet on the fuse box-makeover due to expense, but good to have gotten it done now...all modern and up to code for this old place! ;)

      Delete
  2. a thoroughly lovely post.
    and yes i see that adorable tiny pink nose peeking out there!
    i hope those miserable headaches leave you alone. xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo GLAD to see you here, Tammy! Hadn't seen you here, or elsewhre online for a bit. I was going to email you on Monday to "check in"... and will do. ;) Hope all is good there with you! Thank you for the healing wishing... am on the mend, hopefully!

      Delete
  3. FABULOUS tent factor! What a great photo of your Sweet Girl! But not so great about those headaches. Oh, Tracy. Sorry you have to deal with that; I hope they disappear soon.

    Meanwhile, you're right about that fabulous light, especially in the wonderful first photo. And the bread looks so good! Loving your watercolor (English gardens capture my soul! They look like they just "happen" but we both know they don't!) and your rainbow -- what a gift! Oh, how I love this post and your happy world this week. (Except for the head...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie... I'm on the mend, and it's good to be feeling better! And it would be nice if the cottage flower bed made it self... LOL! While digging a new, possibly sizeable flower bed in summer may be hard word, as it's getting warmer here, we'll have the rest of summer and autumn to plan and plant.

      Delete
  4. Love love love the light! The light is one thing I love about SoCal--there's a quality to it that simply glistens.

    Love love love little Luna, too. Such a cute photo.

    That quaint cottage in England is in the village of Finchingfield, Essex. We visited with Barbara and Alan several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy,
    Loving your posts despite end to end migraine and sinus issues.I commented on Elizabeth's blog-all is well-and it is with God's love.
    Warm wishes
    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helensmama... and it's so NICE to see you stopped by! I'm feeling better... God is GOOD! :)))

      Delete
  6. Hi Tracy, this post is filled with happiness. The bread sounds delicious and I will have to try it, but need to wait for cooler weather as we are experiencing high temperatures here at the moment. I'm also dreaming of a cottage garden - it would be fun to create them together. Have a lovely weekend and I hope you are feeling much better. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Marie, we'll have to share our garden notes and ideas... VERY exciting!! :)

      Delete
  7. oh sweet Luna! I think her new napping spot is a winner. The bread looks amazing and thanks for the link to the recipe. Totally love your garden flowers watercolor.

    I hope this week is better with no migraines. Kudos to you for getting some rest. You seem to have gotten quite a lot done despite the migraines.

    How fun to make a journal and prep for all the thoughts etc that will fill it.
    wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Juana... I thought I had very few photos or much to "show" for the week, and that a real post wasn't maybe possible... so I surprised myself. ;) And good to know the week didn't evaporated as I imagined in my migraine fog...LOL!

      Delete
  8. Oh the sky pictures are spectacular. I can just smell that bread. Your crochet project reminds me I must pick it up again. Love seeing your pretty colors. Hope the migraine is going away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! Oh, yes, you must pick up your crochet hook again soon! ;)

      Delete
  9. Oh my dear, I do hope that your migraines get better. I used to have them a lot so I know how you feel. It really does make you down for a while. Your photos were stunning.
    I really want to try your no knead bread recipe. It looks so yummy and easy; which is a plus for me.
    Your new crocheting project looks lovely. I really like the colors.
    I will look forward to learning more about your journal project. I have kept a journal for over 40 years and it has been awesome.
    I love that little pink-nosed Luna. What a sweet photo of our precious one.
    Thank you for your links to your religious practises; I enjoy reading about them. I love our Savior Jesus Christ so much and I love your faithful heart.
    Blessings for you in Christ! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy, I do hope you are all better from your migraines now. They are no fun at all. Love all your projects you have on the go. Looking forward to seeing your finished journal. Such a sweet thing to look forward to. Your capture of the outdoor light is perfect. I have made that no knead bread and in the same pot! lol it's lovely! (And that is my favourite pot also. We use ours a LOT!). Love all that you share! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment